We are blessed to call the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia our home. We are located in Winchester, Virginia, which is about 90 miles from Washington, D.C.
What is known today as Winchester Church of God had its beginnings in September of 1950 with a small group of five people who gathered in the home of Harry Miller, Sr. They called themselves Trinity Church of God. By 1953, due to growth, the church had relocated several times and became part of the Church of God, a Pentecostal denomination with headquarters in Cleveland, Tennessee. Later the name was changed to Winchester Church of God. From that humble beginning God has blessed our church in unspeakable ways. In October of 1981, Darrell W. Waller and his wife, Pauline, were appointed as pastors of Winchester Church of God on Roosevelt Boulevard.
For over thirty years, God has greatly used the Wallers' leadership. The church has experienced substantial growth each year - taking the membership totals from 45 in 1981 to currently over 1,900. Our present 48,000 square-foot worship center was dedicated in May of 1995. The facilities are complete with a 1,100-seat sanctuary, Christian education facilities, and a Children's Worship Center.
In May of 2010, Winchester Church of God dedicated a new 21,000 square-foot facility; the Family Life Center houses a full-size gymnasium, a fellowship hall, a commercial-grade kitchen, computer lab, bookstore, and Youth Worship Center. The Family Life Center was designed with the ever-changing needs of a growing congregation and surrounding community in mind.
Our reliance upon the Holy Spirit, expanding facilities, and a God-given plan for growth and expansion have us poised to do greater things for the Kingdom of God.